Metris Arts Consulting (Easton, PA) believes in the power of culture to enrich peopleâ€™s lives and help communities thrive. We believe those benefits should be broadly shared and inclusively developed. Metris seeks to provide high caliber planning, research, and evaluation services to reveal artsâ€™ impacts and help communities equitably improve cultural vitality. Although we are best known for principal Anne Gadwa Nicodemusâ€™ leading work in the realm of creative placemaking, Metrisâ€™ core service offerings also include place-based arts and culture ecology studies, arts and culture plans for cities and towns, and robust project evaluations. We work with a range of national and international clients, including philanthropic organizations, government agencies (local to federal), and community development and arts nonprofits. To accelerate change, we seek to share knowledge and amplify the voices of those closest to the work.
We offer a casual (and dog-friendly) work environment in the Karl Stirner Arts Building in downtown Easton, PA.
We seek a bright and detail-oriented person for a full-time office coordinator position. Essentially, his/her job is to maintain and investigate systems for a smooth functioning office and attend to a variety of administrative and marketing related tasks. He/she will take the lead on ensuring Metris has a solid foundation from which to do our best work and allow other Metris staff to focus on technical research/writing and strategic business cultivation.
- Research and recommend systems to ensure a smoothly functioning and cost-effective business operations including: technology (software, hardware, phone/internet), physical office setup/organization, etc.
- Coordinate with Metris principal and insurance brokers to investigate, recommend, and maintain appropriate insurance solutions (annual health insurance renewal, workers comp, business liability, etc.)
- Provide front line tech troubleshooting/maintenance on office computers: install software updates, appropriately deal with virus alerts, re-set router, etc.
Research & project support
- Copyedit proposals and reports
- Coordinate staff travel arrangements and field work itineraries
- Administrative support for focus groups and interviews: scheduling, consent forms, reminders/thank you notes, testing video-conference software with focus group participants, and seek and track permissions from interviewees/focus group participants to attribute quotes
- Populate contract and budget templates for specific projects
- Enter articles and reports into online citations management program (Zotero)
- Draft and post daily social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) updates
- Website (WordPress template) updates
- Coordinate e-newsletters (MailChimp)
- Edit/format additional promotional materials
- Purchase office supplies
- Light, periodic cleaning
- Updates to Metrisâ€™ contacts/mailing list
- Other duties, as assigned
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, highly organized with a passion for systems, and an affinity for Metrisâ€™ mission. Desired skills include strong writing/editing, facility with MS Excel, and an ability to trouble shoot computer/equipment bugs. We foresee opportunities for the office coordinator to assume bookkeeping functions in the future, so experience/training in bookkeeping or accounting is of interest. We hope to forge a long-term relationship with an employee who will be a vital part of the Metris team and help the business grow and succeed for years to come.
Metris is an equal opportunity employer. We commit to equal employment and promotion opportunity regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteranÂ status.
Full-time (~40 hours/week) with a flexible schedule. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid personal time off/vacation time, paid holiday time credit, health insurance, and retirement plan.
Open until filled.
Spring/Summer 2018 Internship
Metris is offering an internship opportunity for a maximum of 10 hours per week during the academic spring semester. Internship hours must be completed during normal business hours (approximately 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday). Metrisâ€™ intern will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the firmâ€™s current research and planning projects, which include a report on the economic health of the creative sector of a major Midwestern city and working with a national-level non-profit organization on vacant property revitalization, while providing core staff with research support commiserate with his/her skills, abilities, and interests. Candidates with one or more of the following interests, particularly in the context of the intersection of their educational and career goals, would be the best match:
- Interest in creative placemaking (i.e. arts-based community development)
- Interest in arts and culture
- Interest in research and evaluation
- Interest in urban planning
- Interest in the social sciences
Metris is an equal opportunity employer. We commit to equal employment and promotion opportunity regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteranÂ status. We especially encourage applications by students of diverse backgrounds (e.g. students of color, first generation college students, etc.). Much community cultural development takes place in communities of color/low income communities and yet the majority of those involved in cultural development as a profession do not reflect the communities in which they are working.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. to qualify for this paid internship opportunity. Compensation: $10/hr for undergraduates and $15/hr for graduate students.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Finalists will be asked to interview in-person at Metrisâ€™ office and provide the contact information for two professional references (such as current and/or former professors, coaches, employers).
Application deadline: Open until filled
Download PDF: Spring/Summer 2018 Internship Posting